Since I have to be away when the official countdown to Xmas begins, I thought I’d make up for it by sharing one of my holiday favourites re-mixed. What can be a sugar-coma inducing treat can now be enjoyed without limits by even your most health conscious friends and family (and don’t forget about you!) These are a breeze to make, about 5 minutes to assemble and about 15 minutes to bake! Keep reading to see the sneaky way I added a vegetable (okay a squash, but almost a vegetable!) to these ultra-healthy Xmas cookies. Save some for Santa, he’s bound to need something healthy come Xmas!
All you need to do is add your wet ingredients together, mixing well and then add in the dry and mix thoroughly. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 F, until the edges are lightly browned. Leave to cool fully before eating.
There you have it, quick, easy and full of gingerbread goodness! Enjoy!
- ¾ c pumpkin puree (or any other orange squash will likely work)
- 1 heaping tbsp blackstrap molasses
- ⅓ c cashew butter
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ⅓ c coconut flour, sifted if necessary
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- healthy pinch salt
- 2 tbsp Lakanto
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix pumpkin, cashew butter, molasses and melted coconut oil thoroughly in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- Shape into balls (approx ¼ c in size) and then flatten into 6, ¼" thick cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet (or using something like this will make your life even easier!) and bake for 15-20 minutes on the lower rack until the outer edges begin to brown.
- Let cool fully before moving. Store uncovered at room temperature.