Here’s my dirty little secret…I like dessert for breakfast. There, I said it. It seems like most days the only time I really feel like something sweet is first thing in the day. Luckily there are so many options for healthy sweet treats that there is no need to feel guilty about having CHOCOLATE PUDDING for breakfast. Try it and see what you think!
Today’s recipe is so full of goodness that you will see why I choose to start my day with something like this. Chock full of antioxidants, healthy fats and fibre to keep you going all morning. Paleo/vegan/sugarless and 2-3 servings of fruit/vegetables too!
First combine blueberries, yacon syrup, vanilla and non-dairy milk in your blender and blend until smooth. Then add your cacao powder, blend to combine and then add avocado and salt and blend until completely smooth (add up to another 2 tbsp of non-dairy milk if your blender needs a little help blending). Adjust to taste with stevia, if using. Garnish with fresh blueberries before serving.
- 1¾ c fresh blueberries (you can use frozen, but thaw first), plus a few extra for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp yacon syrup
- 2 tbsp Frontier vanilla flavour
- ½ c non-dairy milk (plus up to an extra 2 tbsp)
- ⅓ c raw cacao powder (for the most anti-oxidants)
- 2.5 small ripe avocados
- pinch sea salt
- optional: liquid stevia, to taste
- Combine blueberries, yacon syrup, vanilla flavour, ½ c non-dairy milk and blend until smooth.
- Add cacao powder and blend briefly to mix.
- Add avocados and salt and blend until completely smooth (use your tamper if you have one and/or add up to another 2 tbsp of your non-dairy milk to help your blender)
- Adjust to taste with liquid stevia, if using.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh blueberries or store covered in fridge up to 3 days.