So by now, you’ve maybe figured out that I love to make food that tastes just as good, if not better than, the original. But with healthy ingredients to help keep me feeling my best. I have totally succeeded in my mission with this sugarless, grain-free, gluten-free, flourless, coconut/macadamia/chocolate chip blondie. Yes, it is true! It is possible by flourless sugarless blondie (which I will discuss today).
Moist, sweet, and with a cookie-like crumb, this high-protein vegan blondie is as delicious as you can get. But with nothing but good-for-you ingredients (and maybe a surprise or two in there!).
We are using aquafaba in this recipe, and if you haven’t heard of it before it’s simply the liquid that’s leftover in your can of chickpeas. It is a newly discovered vegan egg substitute (apparently you can make a mean meringue with it!) that I’ve been meaning to try since I first heard of it. And since we are using canned chickpeas in this recipe I thought ‘what the hell, let’s do this!’ Now you can impress your friends when you tell them all about how you bake with aquafaba.
How To Make Flourless Sugarless Blondie?
These are about as easy as they get. Preheat your oven to 350F. Briefly pulse the macadamia nuts in your food processor and set them aside. Then strain your can of chickpeas – but don’t throw out the liquid!
Add all of your ingredients except the chocolate chips and nuts to your food processor and process until completely smooth. Add 1/2 c of chocolate chips and your chopped nuts into the processor. Also, a process for a couple of seconds, just enough to combine for flourless sugarless blondie.
Add mixture to a parchment-lined 8×8 cooking dish, top with remaining chocolate chips, and bake for 30 minutes, or until the edges have started to brown. Leave in a baking dish to cool, and when cool enough to handle then put in the fridge to harden (expect it to take a couple of hours). Lift gently from the baking dish and cut into squares while still cold. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
What To Consider For Flourless Sugarless Blondie?
A filling high-protein dessert!
Recipe type: Dessert
Ingredients You Need For Preparing Delicious Flourless Sugarless Blondie
- ½ c macadamia nuts (raw or roasted is fine – if they are salted you may want to decrease added salt in the recipe)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, look for non-BPA brands like this
- ¼ c Lakanto or another non-GMO erythritol
- 2 tbsp yacon syrup
- 1 tbsp non-alcoholic vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- also, ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ c virgin coconut oil
- also, ⅓ c coconut butter, softened (sometimes called coconut manna)
- ¾ c sugarless chocolate chips, divided (if you can’t find good sugarless ones, use good quality dark chocolate chips to minimize sugar content)
Also read: Hemp and greens
Instructions To Be Followed For Your Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line 8 x 8 cooking dish with parchment paper.
- Coarsely chop macadamia nuts in a food processor – don’t make them too small, set them aside.
- Drain chickpeas, but reserve 3 tbsp of the liquid from the can (the “aquafaba”). Rinse chickpeas well.
- Add chickpeas, the 3 tbsp of aquafaba, and all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and macadamia nuts to the food processor and process until completely smooth. Also, add ½ c chocolate chips and chopped nuts to the processor and process for a second or two to combine.
- Add mixture to cooking dish and spread out flat. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ c of chocolate chips on top and gently press into the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden (it will seem undercooked but that’s ok)
- Remove from the oven and when cool to the touch, refrigerate until firm (about 2-3 hours – or you can try speeding up the process by popping it in the freezer for about 45-60 minutes)
- When firm, gently lift out of the dish using parchment paper, and slice while still cold.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Hope this recipe for flourless sugarless blondie will help you to meet your passion for both health and taste.