Here’s my little secret…I like dessert for breakfast. There, I said it. It seems like most days the only time I really feel like something sweet is first thing in the day. Luckily there are so many options for healthy sweet treats like paleo/vegan breakfast pudding. Try it and see what you think!
Today’s recipe is so full of goodness that you will see why I choose to start my day with something like this. Moreover, chock full of antioxidants, healthy fats, and fiber to keep you going all morning. Paleo/vegan/sugarless and 2-3 servings of fruit/vegetables too!
What to Do for Making Healthy Breakfast Pudding
First combine blueberries, yacon syrup, vanilla, and non-dairy milk in your blender and blend until smooth. Then add your cacao powder, blend to combine, and then add avocado.
Moreover, add salt and blend until completely smooth (add up to another 2 tbsp of non-dairy milk if your blender needs a little help blending). Adjust to taste with stevia, if using. Garnish breakfast pudding with fresh blueberries before serving.
Key Points About Paleo/vegan Breakfast Pudding
Adapted from the “Dark Chocolate Silk Pudding” recipe in The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook by Dr. Mark Hyman
Recipe type: Breakfast
Ingredients You Need for Paleo/vegan Breakfast Pudding
- 1¾ c fresh blueberries (you can use frozen, but thaw first), plus a few extra for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp yacon syrup
- also, 2 tbsp Frontier vanilla flavor
- ½ c non-dairy milk (plus up to an extra 2 tbsp)
- also, ⅓ c raw cacao powder (for the most antioxidants)
- 2.5 small ripe avocados
- pinch sea salt
- optional: liquid stevia, to taste
Also read: Gluten Free Vegan Stuffing
Instructions to Fellow Pudding That You Make for Breakfast
- Combine blueberries, yacon syrup, vanilla flavor, ½ c non-dairy milk and blend until smooth.
- Add cacao powder and blend briefly to mix.
- Also, add avocados and salt and blend until completely smooth (use your tamper if you have one and/or add up to another 2 tbsp of your non-dairy milk to help your blender)
- Adjust to taste with liquid stevia, if using.
- Now, serve breakfast pudding immediately topped with fresh blueberries or store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Bonus: Fruit-flavored Smoothies to Try for Breakfast
Slices of nectarine and blueberries let you enjoy the fruits of the summer. Also, add coconut flakes and little honey to make it delicious. Grill the nectarines first for an extra smokey flavor.
Before the basic hardens, add some warm spices like cinnamon, cardamom, and crushed cloves. Moreover, add some almond slices and brown sugar on top.
A cocoa coffee
Make a change! Take a coffee break for breakfast (along with breakfast pudding). With your preferred beverage in place of 1/4 cup of the coconut milk, top with coconut cream, chocolate nibs, and raspberries.
Cream with strawberries
Before adding the chia seeds, smooth out a few strawberries with coconut milk. Add more strawberries and slices of banana to the top.
This paleo breakfast pudding is a fantastic option if you are missing oatmeal-like foods for the morning. It’s also simple to put together the night before, and you can top it with a variety of toppings. If you want the pudding to taste chocolatey, you can also add a couple of tablespoons of cocoa powder!
Need study guidance? Check out educational blogs here..