Every so often when the stars align…I come up to the park with a made-up supper roasted red pepper pasta sauce recipe! I’m guessing some of you would love to have kids like mine that are willing to eat bla bla bla, but I still feel like I have a tough crowd sometimes (like my son!!). So when I make something that EVERYBODY loves (and wants to take to lunch 3 days in a row lol!), then I know I’m onto something good.
This creamy roasted red pepper pasta sauce is all things you can imagine it would be! A little sweet, a little garlicky with just a little bit of lemon – a complete delight for the tastebuds! (And in case you were wondering, we had this with red lentil pasta – which everyone also agreed was great as well!)
You might be a little surprised by the ingredients but they work really well together to create this meal that everyone is bound to love (if my son loves it then you know it’s a safe bet!). Best of all, it’s a really quick and easy meal!
What You Must Fellow To Make Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce
Firstly you’ll want to steam 1/2 cauliflower until it’s very soft. As it’s steaming, saute your garlic. When they are both ready, add to the blender with remaining ingredients and blend well. If the sauce is too thick, you can slowly add a little more nut milk to help your blender. You may find that your sauce retains a little bit of texture, and that’s ok – it totally works with the pasta. Enjoy!!
Key Points About Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce
This sauce is bound to be a hit with even the pickiest eaters!
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 6-8 servings
Ingredients You Will Require For Roasted Pepper Pasta Sauce
- 8 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 c (packed) cauliflower
- 3.5 c roasted red peppers (the ones in olive oil, or roast them yourself*)
- 1.5 c cashews, soaked 6-8 hrs (or if you’re in a rush, pour boiling water over them and let sit for an hour before using)
- 1.5 c unsweetened plain nut milk, plus extra if necessary
- ¼ c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt as per the taste for roasted red pepper pasta sauce
- optional: 1 tsp garlic powder (but remember not to add garlic salt)
- ¼ c fresh basil, chopped
Also read: Paleo Saag Gobi
Instructions To Keep In Mind For This Recipe
- Steam cauliflower until very soft, and drain excess water.
- Meanwhile, put the garlic pieces in olive oil until they get golden color.
- Rinse and drain cashews and add to the blender with nut milk, blend until smooth. Add all remaining ingredients to the blender except garlic powder and basil, and blend until fairly smooth (some texture is ok). If your blender needs help add in ¼ c of extra nut milk at a time until your blender can handle it. This is a key point to consider for roasted red pepper pasta sauce.
- Taste, and if you want it more garlicky, then add garlic powder.
- Warm sauce gently in a saucepan, stirring frequently. Add chopped basil shortly before serving over your pasta of choice.
* To roast your own peppers: Chop 6 large peppers into 4 pieces (removing seeds and stem) and lay flat on 2 large roasting pans. Liberally drizzle olive oil over peppers (at least 4 tbsp) and sprinkle a pinch of salt over top. Roast at 375 F, flipping peppers every 10-15 minutes until tender and slightly charred. Let cool a bit before using it in the recipe.
Hope you enjoy this recipe for roasted red pepper pasta sauce!