Despite the fact that I do indeed have a food blog. I don’t always love spending lots of time in the kitchen. I have a vast list of quick, healthy, easy recipes that everyone likes that I can make when I’m short on time – or just don’t really feel like cooking especially for vegan mini quiches!
This yummy vegan mini quiche recipe hits all those key points. It’s light and fluffy like the egg version (last time I made these my husband asked me to verify that they were indeed eggless), is a good source of protein and fiber, has a bit of a Mexican spin on it and the kids love them! Start to finish is less than half an hour, top them with some salsa and a side of veggies and you are good to go!
How To Go With Vegan Mini Quiche?
First, you saute your pepper, onion, garlic, and jalapeño (if using) until golden.
Then briefly blend your water, chickpea flour, olive oil, nutritional yeast, and seasonings (to taste). Add to a large mixing bowl with your sautéed veggies and your cilantro and mix well. Grease a muffin tin and add about 1/4 c of mixture for each quiche. Bake at 500 F, for 11-15 minutes (using a convection oven) or about 20 using a standard oven, until golden and pull away from the sides of the muffin tin.
Let cool for a few minutes before using a butter knife to gently separate quiche from muffin tin. Eat as is or topped with salsa for a vegan mini quiche. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days in a sealed container.
Vegan Mini Quiche Recipe: Make It Delicious
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 12 quiche
Ingredients Required In Vegan Mini Quiche Recipe
- 1 large red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- also, 2 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno (optional), finely chopped
- 1¼ c chickpea flour (sometimes called garbanzo flour)
- also, 1½ c water
- 2 heaping tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to the grease muffin tin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mexican seasoning, to taste (if you don’t have a spice blend that you like, try a combination of cumin, paprika, and a little chili pepper)
- ¼ c finely chopped cilantro
Also read: Flourless Nut And Seed Biscuits
Instructions To Follow For Vegan Mini Quiche Recipe
- Preheat oven to 500 F (use convection if you have it)
- Saute onion, red pepper, garlic, and jalapeno (if using) in 1 tbsp of oil until soft and also beginning to turn golden.
- Meanwhile, blend chickpea flour, water, nutritional yeast, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt/pepper, and Mexican seasonings in a blender. Adjust spices to taste.
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl and add sautéed veggies and cilantro and mix well.
- Grease muffin tin well with olive oil and pour about ¼ c of mixture per quiche (makes 12).
- Bake for about 11-15 minutes in a convection oven, or about 20 minutes in a regular oven. Done when they are golden and pulled away from the sides of the muffin tin.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before gently removing it from the muffin tin with a butter knife.
- Serve as is or with your favorite salsa.
- Moreover, store leftovers of vegan mini quiche in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Hope you like this recipe. Just enjoy it!